In Person Worship is Back
Maples has resumed in person worship with plenty of precautions to reduce chances for transmission of the coronavirus. Remember that the "late" service now begins at 10:45 a.m. instead of 10:30.
- All three worship services will be open. There will be two traditional services at 8:30 and 10:45 in the Sanctuary. The modern service will meet in Wesley Hall at 9:30.
2. Capacity in the Sanctuary will be 162. Capacity in Wesley Hall will be 50. No reservations for worship will be needed at this time. Just come.
- You will still be temperature checked at the door.
- Masks are required. If you forget yours we will have masks at the door. They should be worn throughout the service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- In the Sanctuary you will still be seated in every other row and socially distanced by family groups. In Wesley Hall the chairs will be set up already spaced. Feel free to move them to group by families but continue to keep a 6 ft distance between family groups.
- You will be provided supplies to clean your area afterwards as a closing act of worship.
- Bulletins and cleaning supplies must be disposed of by you in waste baskets provided.
- Offerings may be placed in the baskets located in the back of the sanctuary or Wesley Hall.
- Bathrooms will be open but only one person at a time unless it is someone who needs assistance in using the facility.
- We will be working with Sunday school classes over the next 4 weeks to return to in person meetings either outside or off site until we are able to meet in person.
- Gloves will be available for all those that wish to have them.
We are soooooooooo excited to welcome you back in person to worship!!! But for those that still feel that they are safer at home our Virtual Campus will continue to be fully open. Feel free to tune in to MaplesChurchLive on YouTube or Facebook Live at Maples Memorial United Methodist Church to join us virtually. God is in the midst of this storm and I believe he is going to redeem this moment in an amazing way. Let us all be patient and of good cheer. The best thing of all is God is with us!
Rev. Stephen Sparks
Men's Club Monday,September 21st at 6:30pm Maples Backyard
Wesley Meadows Golf Benefit
Lipscomb & Pitts Insurance presents the 22nd Annual Wesley Meadows Golf Benefit on September 17, 2020 at Timber Truss (formerly Plantation) Golf Club in Olive Branch with a choice of 8:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. start times. Individual players fee is $125 while a team costs $500. Other levels of sponsorship are available as well. Fees include a continental breakfast, Chick-Fil-A lunch and BBQ dinner, cart, green and golf fees, mulligan package and a goody bag. You can register online at www.mss./wesleymeadows or get a registration form in the church office. Tournament proceeds will be donated to the Wesley Meadows Green House Maintenance Endowment managed by the Northwest Mississippi Community Foundation and matched by The Maddox Foundation.
MLC Part Time Registration
Maples Learning Center is now enrolling for the following part-time programs.
3 Year Olds: 2 days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. or 3 days a week from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
4 Year Olds: 5 days a week from 9:00 a.m. til 12:00 p.m.
Call Shea South or Jeanette Busby at 662-895-0622 for more information.
Home Bound: : Ann Williams; Gracie Aldridge; Margaret Peden; Carolyn Dupree, MorrisWright; Joann Potts; Charline Watson; Peggy Vanderburg; Billie Beasley
Sympathy to: Robert Tobey and his family in the death of his sister, Ruth Tobey Rossen
Other Requests: Tyler Barnes; Rev. Stephen Bittick (pastor at Byhalia); Rev. Guss Shelley & family in the death of his wife, Sarah; family of Tom Jones (Jim Suttlemyre's friend); Tera McCauley; Beverly Williams; Rev. David Laird; John Walpole; Pat Nichols; Tommy Hopkins; Irene (grandmother of IT rep); Jason Bright (Larry & Becky Bright’s son); Kay Hardin; Kathy Williams (Lisa Morton’s family); Ann Rier (Growing in Grace leader); Rich Hardy & Albert Hill (Andy Pressman’s friends); Kylee Schrecengost (MLC staff child); Isabella Rudis (Lynda Ingerson’s niece); Linda Doddridge; Martha Doddridge; James & Lois Davis (Stephen Sparks’ friends); our country; police & hospital workers; staff and students at school; Carey Roberts & family (Lisa Morton’s son); Erica Key (Katherine Steele’s friend); Beth Wadlington; Jerry McCarson (Shea South’s dad); Ouida Williams (Dianne Dorr’s mother); Lorraine Waltman (Allen Sanders’ grandmother); Waid & Beverly Wilkes; Carol McOlgan; Art & Johanna Trenerry (Pam Bowick’s friends); Jimmy Tuck (Sally Barton’s brother); Julia Randolph (Sidney Vanderburg’s daughter); Otto family
One of our Maples' members is in need of help getting to and from her job at the Amazon plant in Byhalia due to a medical issue preventing her from driving. She lives in Southaven and wants to pay for this service since it would be on a regular basis. If you can help, please call the church office so that we could put you in contact with the member.
GIVING THROUGH AUGUST 31,2020
Offering To Budget 2020
Regina Kirchhoff & Penny Buckley:
Orafine Vanderburg, Valinda Vanderburg Childress, Julia Rivers Ashlock and R.P. and Ira Clay Funderburk:
Gloria Taylor and Stan Ballard
invite you to their wedding
October 17, 2020
at 2:30 p.m.
at Maples Memorial United Methodist Church
Reception to follow